Thursday, November 13, 2008

First Creance Flight of season


Well I took Biggio for his first flight on the creance. I set up the creance at 30' because I was not sure how he would do and did not want him to be able to fly at a further distance in the wrong direction due to obstacles. I hooked him to the creance and struck his hood. Walked 10' held up glove and whistled and he immediatly came. I put him back on the perch and walked the 30' and held up glove and whistle and again immediate response. I did this often. Aproxamitly 15 to 20 flights. The only slow response was once after I called him to the glove and I mistakenly was about 2' to far. I was able to get my glove under him before he landed on the ground, but the next time took a few seconds longer to respond. Also the few times I called him to the glove with out a tidbit, the next time would take a few seconds to respond. Other than that I am pleased. He still has some weight to loose. I only gave him 30 grams today of grackle. I have been feeding him 50 grams every 3 days but at the end of the three days each time he ends up at the same weight. So I will try 30 grams this time. If that does not work, than I will crop him up sunday on the lure.
11/13/08 821 grams.

No comments: