Monday, December 15, 2008

Car hawking is not as easy as I thought.

It was a very windy day. I took Biggio to Fort Worth and Noel drove for me as we car hawked him. He was chasing good, but he never made contact. He was flying back to the window for a grackle leg. One time we flew him he was on the opposite side of the truck, so when Noel turned the truck around so we could fly him back to the window we could not see Biggio. I jumped out of the truck and started whistling and holding up my glove. Noel pulled out the receiver and we could tell which direction to look. I grabbed the lure and took off in that direction. I could see his movement direction by watching the grackles flushing out of the tree. I whistle and swung the lure and he came to it. It was just about sundown so we called it a day.
The next day I took him out by myself and the winds were still heavy. It is even harder doing this alone and the chases were not as good. I am not sure if Biggio is playing with the grackles or if he is just not figured out how to fly out a moving window and grab them. We got home that night and I tied him out to the weathering and through in a whole grackle.
12-15-08 705 grams

No comments: