Thursday, December 18, 2008

He finally figured it out!

Took Biggio out car hawking today. A place I found that had a decent amount in a subdivision. It is real hard to car hawk by yourself but we are getting the hang of it. He missed the first two slips. The first slip he just missed sliding across the parking lot. The second I just wanted to see how he would react with them in a small tree right outside the truck window. I thought when he left he was going after the birds, but he just flew to the tree than waited for a tidbit. Than he just missed the next slip. He was starting to act up. Not sure if it was frustration, or excitement. He nailed the next slip. It was about 5 grackles scattered in a front yard. He nailed one that tried to fly right at him. He traded off reluctantly, and after wards I was not sure if I should have let him eat on it. He did try to carry it off. The very next slip was about the same amount in between the road and a fence. He got the next one right on top with out it even knowing what hit it. He tried to carry off again, I don't know what I will do if it gets a smaller bird. I was able to get to him and put the leash on. He traded off onto the lure, than onto a tidbit on glove. I got a rabbit leg and let him eat on it pretty good. Than put him in the giant hood and went home.
12/18/08 725 grams 2 grackles

No comments: