Friday, January 9, 2009

Pissing me off

Well I am upset about two things. One the damn grackles are roosting on base now. The one or two slips I get are along the roadside on the perimeter of the base. The other thing is Biggio's carrying problem. Yesterday I found one slip and he nailed a female. This worried me because the only thing he has gotten before are males and he tries to carry with them. Sure enough as soon as I stepped out of my truck, he carried. I was next to a 5 lane road and he carried to the parking lot on the other side. Thankfully no cars were coming. I got over there and when I approached him he carried to the other side of the same parking lot. I pulled out the lure and was swinging it as I approached him the next time and he allowed me closer. I put the leash on the jesses and let him pluck feathers for a bit. I than covered the grackle with a towel and offered the lure. he hesitated but step off onto the lure. I than stepped him off the lure with hesitation to the glove for a tidbit. I put him in the giant hood and went home. When I got home I left the leash on him and threw the grackle on the ground and he dove off my glove but than tried to carry. He kept bating and after a bit calmed down and I messed with him and the grackle the whole time he ate. I let him finish it than he jumped to glove for a tid bit than put him in the mews.
1-9-09 700 grams 1 grackle

No comments: